Our story started with a microdot …… the world's
Smallest Biggest Crime Fighter
DataDot was founded by an entrepreneur with a need to help curb crime in South Africa. Vehicle theft and hijackings were on the increase and the discovery of a tiny microdot with unique identifiers that could give a vehicle its own DNA seemed a sure thing. A small office was opened in George in the Western Cape in 2001 but it would take two years of hard work, sweat and a great deal of persistence and belief in our product - the DataDot Microdot - before our first client - Avis - forged ahead and applied microdots to their fleet of vehicles. Not only did Avis realise a drop in theft, but also an increase in recovery of over 50% in both cases.
This customer success story laid the foundation for microdots in South Africa and we now are the proud supplier to over 65% of the new vehicle market with over 3.9 million vehicles now microdotted with DataDot. From those early beginnings we have stayed true to our core values and continue to:
- Maintain high levels of customer service
- Empower our people to reach higher
- Look after the environment
- Look out for our communities
- Lead the industry with integrity and honesty
- Investigate new products and services that aid in the fight against crime in Southern Africa.
DATADOT SA CORE VALUES