Powerboats Dotted and Ready to Compete
Yesterday our DataDot team geared into action making sure the Inflatable Powerboats competing in the Inflatable Powerboat World Champs in Cape Town were dotted and ready to compete. This sponsored exercise formed part of the scrutineering process and prevents competitors replacing components during the race. If alterations are done they have to be reported and re-marked.
The event consists of :
- Two days of surf circuit racing
- One long haul (long distance 180 km / 112 miles estimated distance)
- Two days of flatwater circuit racing
The vision for the Worlds 2017 is to create a world class and professional event that incorporates the following:
- A safe racing environment.
- Competitiveness, speed, fair racing.
- Local and international teams.
- Promotion of the sport in South Africa and internationally.
- The inclusion of development teams that will help promote the sport in the disadvantaged communities.
- Use of the latest technology.
For more information on this exciting event visit the World Championship Website.